A HOLIDAY to Portugal is cheaper than ever as tour operators slash their prices ahead of the return of holidaymakers.
While travelling abroad is currently banned in the UK, hopes of an air bridge with Portugal could end the need to quarantine.
Last week, The Times reported that the government is close to agreeing a deal with Portugal as well as Greece and Spain.
The newspaper revealed that the Foreign Office is also expected to relax its guidance against Brits making any non-essential travel abroad as well in the next few weeks.
Portugal’s ambassador to the UK Manuel Lobo Antunes confirmed hopes of Brits returning this year.
He told BBC Radio 4’s Today show: “There was very good news for you, for us, for Europe that the alert system has come from four to three and that means a significant improvement in the control of the pandemic here in the UK.
“We think that the situation is under control and we would be happy to receive, as before, as many British as possible.”
This gives families high hopes for a holiday to Portugal this year, with Lisbon and the Algarve popular destinations for British tourists.
However, while hopes for July flights are high, families may be reluctant to book anything soon in case restrictions are introduced again.
We’ve rounded up some of the best Airbnb deals and package holiday deals for Portugal this year in September and October, with many slashing their prices.
- Seven nights in Airbnb flat overlooking Lisbon beach on October 12 – £89pp
- Seven nights in Airbnb treehouse in south Portugal on October 12 – £78pp
- Seven nights in private apartment with Algarve sea view on October 5 – £111pp
- Seven nights self-catered at Muthu Clube Praia da Oura with return flights from London Stansted to Algarve on October 20 – £155pp (was £354pp)
- Seven nights bed & breakfast at Luna Forte Da Oura with return flights from London Southend to Algarve on October 15 – £325pp (was £524pp)
- Seven nights half-board Balaia Golf Village with return flights from Manchester to Algarve on September 30 – £332pp (was £531pp)
Turkey tourists face £100 fine if caught not wearing face masks on holiday
New double-decker seat design on planes lets all passengers lie flat in economy
Wales and Scotland caravan parks to open in July but still no dates for England
TUI to fly to Spain and Greece again from July 11 with ‘absolute confidence’
Disneyland Paris to reopen from July 15 with limited guests & mandatory masks
We’ve rounded up other cheap deals for Spain and Greece to take advantage of this year.
TUI is launching flights and holidays once again from July 11 with “absolute confidence”.
The tour operator as forced to cancel holidays due to the pandemic, with hopes at restarting this summer.
Credit: Source link