First weekend with curfew went “very well”

It went well for the Dictators.

The Sheeple complied. They Obeyed. They are on their way of becoming good global citizens.

Congratulations Portugal! You, like the rest of humanity, are headed for Communism!

REJOYCE!

By Bobby
from Lisbon on 20-11-2020 04:25

Too bad the US doesn’t comply with limiting gatherings and wearing masks as cases have risen astronomically. Maybe it’s not “30 years of dictatorship that have trained people to comply” in Portugal. Possibly it’s because the Portuguese care more about the health of their fellow citizens. Good luck, Portugal, I hope to be living there soon!

By Sharon
from USA on 20-11-2020 12:48

Clearly, too many people have forgotten why these restrictions are in place, the Government is clearly trying to balance the rights and needs of society while protecting us all from the virus. Only time will tell if they have got it right but what they are not doing is using the virus to steal any rights or liberties of the population. Oh, and those people in America making comment, perhaps you should get your own house in order first….

By Pete Gazzard
from Porto on 19-11-2020 09:26

The whole thing is a joke. This is just living under marshal law. What sort of a life is this. Worse than Salazar.

By Martin
from Lisbon on 19-11-2020 09:22

Hang on…….Graça Freitas said “It’s just adapting to a new way of being in the coming weeks.” It was only supposed to be 2 weekends!!!

Haven’t we heard all this before waaaaay back in March, implementing ‘short term’ measures.

Here we go again, slowly slowly they’re removing more of our ‘freedom’.

By Sarah L
from Other on 18-11-2020 11:18

The people have no problem complying with a government directive they had 30 years of dictatorship to train them well.

By Daniel
from USA on 18-11-2020 09:10

Went well for who? Certainly not for the restaurants, social clubs and the tourist industry.

By Daniel
from USA on 18-11-2020 09:08

So now its about winning ‘brownie points’ to see whether we have been behaving well during the curfew.

What a joke.

By Roger Sanchez
from Lisbon on 17-11-2020 06:46

I went out from my house for a walk in Albufiera today. Since excercise is one of the reasons that makes it OK to leave home.

(And I did not take my care to the workshop. Since that is not a valid reason, I cancelled my booking)

But….. I could not see any difference in the amount of cars and people, compared to normal.

Does anyone care about this “Stay at home” ?

By Gustav